
1. Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
I feel like I already touched on these changes in my final project, but I am more than happy to do a recap =) Although, I feel like the score I give myself today, could be different from the score I gave myself last week. Just another reason as to why I believe constant reflection and evaluation is important to achieving integral health.
I would say that over all, my physical wellness has definitely gone up. I'll give it a 8.75 compared to my 8 in unit 3. I am in the best physical health of my life and I intend to keep working on this aspect. I feel as though the choices I have made in my nutrition and lifestyle have had a very positive affect. I would also say my psychological well-being has grown from a 7.5 to an 8.5. I can say for sure that the conscious efforts I have learned in this class have been put to work and well utilized. Although I rated my spiritual well-being as a 9 in unit 3, I will have to give it another 9. I'm not saying that I haven't grown spiritually since then, because I feel I surely have. I have just came to the conclusion that I will forever be at a constant rate of 9. This is because I will focus on my spirituality first, and I will always see room for improvement.

As of yet, I have unfortunately made no progress in the goals I have outlined in the preceding post. However, I only made those goals three days ago. It is a high priority for me and will give it the required attention and focused effort very soon. I don't want to give the impression that I am putting off anything, but I am being honest. I have done some contemplative thought, mediation, and exercise since I posted my goals but I do have a ways to go. I set some some pretty high, but realistically achievable goals. This will take some time.
3. Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
I would say that within these three days I have somewhat touched on the activities I have chose. But then again, it has only been a very short while.

4. Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I went into further detail about my experience in this course in my discussion post this unit, so please refer to that if interested. In summary, I have gained a new awareness through the help of this course. I have also found new meaning in my life and ways to achieve my integral health goals through the practices we have studied. Over all, I would say that I have improved my personal well-being. On the other hand, I am now more educated and can see more improvement that needs to be made that I have previously been unaware of.
I would say the most difficult aspect of this class was learning how to analyze my experiences, thoughts and emotions, by simply observing them and choosing how to respond. Because of this, I feel like I have much more control over my life and how I create my experiences. I took this course for my own personal gain and have no intention on working with patients in my career. But I can say that I will share any wisdom I have gained with those who are in need of it. In fact, I have been using methods that were taught in this class to help my sister who has been letting the stress of life affect her a little too much.
~Thomas
Love the music Thomas! I am glad to hear you remain constant on your 9 for spirituality. Being brave enough to state this is powerful. You display a soul that is working and learning. Go forth with your loving kindness and watch people around you change.
ReplyDeleteThomas,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I love the images, particularly the martini glass. Very cool!
I love what you said about giving yourself a 9 on spirituality. That is a wonderful way to think about it. Recognizing that there is always room for improvement will keep you growing and learning. Way to go!
Best of luck to you in everything. Stay well!
It's hard to move up from a 9 isn't it? Also I feel like when we rated ourselves in Unit 3 we might have felt at say an 8, but now when we look back perhaps we see that we were more so only at a 6.5. It's all about perception, and we can only base our decisions on our current knowledge base.
ReplyDeleteWe set goals back in Unit 3 as well, so I took it that the topic was asking if and how we have implement those goals instead of referring to the goals in our final project. Do you feel like you met any of your Unit 3 goals since you have had a little more time to implement those?
P.S. Thanks for the music, and for making your blog visually exciting with all of your pictures and whatnot. Take care!
Thank you Leslie and Dana!
ReplyDeleteJamie,
Interesting catch, I didn't look at it that way. Having to go through my old blog posts I saw that we did, in fact, make some goals.
Mine read, "Goals for each area.
Physical: Overcome my embarrassing addiction without adding on those extra pounds! =)
Spiritual: Seek further unity and truth, as well as express more love.
Psychological: Discover more ways to integrally heal myself. Use my mind to mend my brain."
Well, I'd have to say that I have been successful in completing each one ;) This just goes to show me how important and effective it can be to state my goals. Perhaps I should have been a little more detailed with something measurable like I did on my final. Either way, I'm happy. =)
Thanks for your response!
~Thomas
Excellent blog Thomas! I wish you the best in your future and I hope that you can reach every goal that you have set for yourself. Take care and good luck with school. :)
ReplyDelete-Kristin
Thomas! I am so sad this class is ending. You have been very entertaining as well as inspirational! I am so happy you have kicked your bad habit and improved your life in several areas. I know you will be successful and you will find a way to integrate what you have learned here in order to make your life your practice. I hope you continue your blog. I would love to see how things map out for you. You have a wonderful gift of insight from this class. I wish I would have had so much self awareness at an earlier stage in my life. I feel like you are really taking it with you and you will continue to flourish. Thanks for all your blogs and discussions. It has been a fantastic voyage! :)
ReplyDelete